The manor was first mentioned in 1421. The vassal’s stronghold was built there around 1530. The stronghold, which had been rebuilt later and laid in ruins, was restored around 1990.The functional concept of the 3-storey castle with a western corner tower is derived from tower castles. In Purtse as well, the lower floor was used as a storage, the second was for living and the upper floor had the defensive function. Unlike tower castles and rather resembling fortified manor houses, the floors have not only one but up to three rooms.